What do you want to ask a Hindu? Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
There are plain and simple tiles on the pillar, wall and roof of the temple. What are their specific meaning? – Raymond
In the ancient temples in India, which are still there to this day and are thriving, where devotees coming to pray everyday, there are lots of carving, painting, etc. on the temple walls, pillars, and roofs. Many of these represent stories from the Hindu mythology and every day stories from ancient times to teach children and adults good character, how to be good role models etc. The designs are also to make the temples look beautiful. Hindus are all about decorating their deities and the temples with carvings, flowers, lighting of the lamps, etc.
These simple tiles on the pillar and walls are for decorations.
- Ask A Hindu: Garland Necklace - January 12, 2022
- Ask A Hindu: Practicing The Law of Attraction - October 30, 2021
- Ask A Hindu: Brahman and Other Gods - May 1, 2021
- Ask A Hindu: Worship Services? - January 28, 2021
- Ask A Hindu: What Is Your Favorite Celebration? - December 16, 2020
- Ask A Hindu: Biggest Definer of Your Faith - November 14, 2020
- Ask A Hindu: How is Vegetarianism Viewed? - October 4, 2020
- Ask A Hindu: Significance of the Cow - August 2, 2020
- Ask A Hindu: Temple Decorations - June 25, 2020
- Ask A Hindu: How is Karma Viewed? - June 14, 2020