By Hannah McCollum
Art@Origin will take place at Origin Church this Saturday, Oct. 7, from noon to 4 p.m. The art fair will feature local artists with works for sale, a live performance by the Spokane Jazz Orchestra and children’s activities. Between 3 and 4 p.m. Spokane’s Poet Laureate, Laura Read, and nationally acclaimed poet Christopher Howell will give a poetry reading.
Origin Church’s website explains, “At Origin we enjoy art … [and] we appreciate the public conversation that may be stirred around the spiritual themes raised.”
All are welcome to Art@Origin and admission is free. Origin Church is located at 5115 S. Freya St, Spokane. Contact Annette Shannon at 509-448-1311 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- YWCA honors top women, strives to end domestic violence - October 12, 2019
- 19 lay-people to receive Buddhist names this Sunday - December 9, 2017
- All invited to Sharing the Dharma Day and vigil for victims of gun violence, Dec. 10 - December 5, 2017
- Whitworth choir to perform Christmas concert in Spokane - December 3, 2017
- Mini-retreat on the Spiritual Exercises to be held Dec. 2 at Gonzaga Prep - November 28, 2017
- Immaculate Heart Retreat Center hosts day of prayer and retreats for Advent - November 19, 2017
- Volunteers needed at Sravasti Abbey - November 8, 2017
- MercyMe’s new album, “Lifer” offers something for everyone - October 26, 2017
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - October 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - October 5, 2017