VIDEO: Coffee Talk On “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions”
On April 3 SpokaneFāVS held a virtual Coffee Talk, “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions.”
This was a timely topic with it falling on Easter weekend, on the Western Christian calendar.
- Rev. Katy Shedlock of Creators Table and Audubon Park United Methodist Church
- Himani Agrawal of the Spokane Hindu Temple and Cultural Center, and a SpokaneFāVS board member
- Prof. Brian Siebeking of Gonzaga’s Religious Studies Department. Brian is an Orthodox Christian and scholar of Islam and will be able to speak to both.
The panel was moderated by Katie Blair, who is finishing up a fellowship with FāVS.
The next Coffee Talk will be in June. Check back for details.
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022
- YWCA Sparks Conversation During Teen Dating Violence Action Month - February 2, 2022
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021