VIDEO: Coffee Talk On “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions”
On April 3 SpokaneFāVS held a virtual Coffee Talk, “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions.”
This was a timely topic with it falling on Easter weekend, on the Western Christian calendar.
- Rev. Katy Shedlock of Creators Table and Audubon Park United Methodist Church
- Himani Agrawal of the Spokane Hindu Temple and Cultural Center, and a SpokaneFāVS board member
- Prof. Brian Siebeking of Gonzaga’s Religious Studies Department. Brian is an Orthodox Christian and scholar of Islam and will be able to speak to both.
The panel was moderated by Katie Blair, who is finishing up a fellowship with FāVS.
The next Coffee Talk will be in June. Check back for details.
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021