VIDEO: Coffee Talk On “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions”
On April 3 SpokaneFāVS held a virtual Coffee Talk, “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions.”
This was a timely topic with it falling on Easter weekend, on the Western Christian calendar.
- Rev. Katy Shedlock of Creators Table and Audubon Park United Methodist Church
- Himani Agrawal of the Spokane Hindu Temple and Cultural Center, and a SpokaneFāVS board member
- Prof. Brian Siebeking of Gonzaga’s Religious Studies Department. Brian is an Orthodox Christian and scholar of Islam and will be able to speak to both.
The panel was moderated by Katie Blair, who is finishing up a fellowship with FāVS.
The next Coffee Talk will be in June. Check back for details.
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021