By Ernesto Tinajero
Love confused with acceptance makes life sterile. Such a love is no love at all, but simply indifference wearing the witch doctor’s mask of concern. Love always challenges us.
The hippy Jesus that accepts all, accepts nothing.
Such a Jesus is no Jesus at all. The authentic Jesus refines gold out of us by fires of suffering and the power of the cross.
St. Paul was right. The rulebook Jesus, is no Jesus at all.
For if all he gave us was a rulebook, there is no need of Jesus.
Yet, we need Jesus. Jesus’ presence is the gift of the Gospel.
Hence, the rulebook Jesus is no Jesus at all.
Those that focus on heaven rather than Jesus leads down the wrong road. The road is to Emmaus where Jesus joins us, even when we are unaware.
The more we are encounter Jesus, the more we are transformed by Jesus.
Jesus returns us to life.
The Holy Spirit breaths life into us. Faith encounters the Holy Spirit and response with awakening. The Spirit makes live, declaring our lives good.
Why put to much stock in time. We build a nest of time to lay our worries in.
Then we sit on our worries waiting for them to hatch. Yet, this shell of our life needs to be cracked to really live.
Why put stock in time, afraid of flapping and letting us fall from the tree and bounce on the ground before it can fly. The tree of life calls us to risk the flight.
- Charles Murray and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Idea - March 10, 2020
- Layoffs, Heroin, and Grandmas - July 27, 2019
- Politicians who pray only for show deserve criticism - November 27, 2017
- Praying for Las Vegas and gun control - October 14, 2017
- Get out your pennies and help the Spokane Guilds’ School this weekend - April 21, 2017
- This Easter, give up control - April 11, 2017
- Jesus: the Marketing Plan - March 29, 2017
- The Jesus Prayer in practice - January 19, 2017
- Stripping Jesus of Healthcare - January 13, 2017
- Glory be to the Materialism of Christmas - November 30, 2016