Compassion Games, a national movement that invites communities to, “inspire one another” through acts of of kindness, will take place in Spokane Sept. 8-28.
The games are organized locally by One Peace Many Paths, an organization aimed at promoting and fostering peace. Several events are scheduled for the month-long event.
First, coming up Sept. 15 is the Interfaith Potluck and Speedfaithing. This is an opportunity to dialogue with people from different faith backgrounds. Guests are asked to bring a dish to share as well as a goodwill offering. It will take place from 5-7:30 p.m. at Unity Center of Divine Love and Light, 4123 Lincoln Road.
Then, on Sept. 20 is Pathways to Peace. This is the 5th Annual World Peace Flag Ceremony and Program on Nuclear Disarmament, which will take place at Gonzaga University’s Hemmingson Center, 702 E. Desmet Ave. from 6-8 p.m.
The Compassion Games will conclude Sept. 28 with the Earth and Spirit Festival, which will feature keynote speaker Matthew Fox. Fox is an author and co-founder of the Order of the Sacred Earth. The festival will also include workshops on sustainability, stewardship, Native American spirituality, an environmental resource faith and children’s activities. It will be at held at Unity Spiritual Center, 2900 S. Bernard from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Fox’s talk will be at 12:30 p.m. and advanced tickets are encouraged and can be purchased online for $20.
Other Compassion Games events include
- Fall Cleanup at Drumheller Springs Park, An Historical Native American Site, Sept. 9, 10 a. m- noon; Oak and Liberty St., Northwest Spokane. Involves weeding and cleanup to
preserve native species (contact One Peace, many Paths at email@example.com for details)
- Lands Council Spokane River Cleanup, Sept. 14, 9a.m-2p.m; (RSVP at www.landscouncil.org )
- Food Sorting at Northwest Harvest Distribution Center, Sept. 18, noon-2 p.m. & Sept. 25, 6- 8p.m. (minimum age 8) 3808 N. Sullivan Rd, 15-K, Spokane Valley. (RSVP to One Peace,
Many Paths – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Climate Strike, Sept. 20, 1 p.m, Riverfront Park (contact info@350spokane)
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - November 17, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Compassion in the Face of Crime and Homelessness - October 3, 2019
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019