I think Samuel Pepys 17th century words will ring true in Spokane on April 21. He said, “Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody.” That evening we'll come together for Faith Feast: An Intercultural Progressive Dinner. We’ll come together as strangers, not knowing what backgrounds and perspectives we carry. Because we’re disjointed.
Yet our willingness to share a meal together, to be guests in three sacred places across Spokane and learn about our neighbors by immersing — albeit briefly — in various cultures shows that there’s a desire for interfaith and intercultural connections to be made in this community.
Yes, this food will unite us, but so will your alacrity.
As editor of Spokane Faith & Values I invite you to spend an evening with us to experience the Spokane Islamic Center, the Sikh Gudwara of Spokane and Millwood Community Presbyterian Church. We'll start at the mosque for halal appetizers, then go to the gudwara for a vegetarian entree and then visit the church for a wholesome dessert. (And a big thank you to our three hosts for giving us a seat at your tables).
It's important to also note that this is our fundraiser. Tickets for this event cost a suggested donation of $80 for a couple or $50 for an individual (tax deductible). Spokane Faith & Values is a non-profit, non-sectarian, news organization. Our mission is to provide in-depth coverage of religion, spirituality and ideas as well as to create a dialogue about said things in this city. We can’t do that without you.
We only have a few tickets left. To reserve one email email@example.com or call (509) 240-1830.
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022
- YWCA Sparks Conversation During Teen Dating Violence Action Month - February 2, 2022
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021