We're not just about reporting religious news and publishing reflections on issues of faith and ethics. Spokane Faith & Values prides itself in bringing the Spokane community together — offline — once a month for our Coffee Talks.
We started this community forum in January at Chairs Coffee. I asked our panelists to discuss God and the Newtown shootings. You, readers, packed the coffee house. And you did it again in February when we gathered at Boots Bakery to discuss “Violence and the Sacred.”
For eight months now we've bounced from coffee house to coffee house discussing important theological and moral issues in a manner that's fruitful, respectful and insightful. And we're supporting local business along the way.
Leading up to the Coffee Talk each month our writers post articles about the month's topic (September's topic is “engaging millennials.”) Several of you have asked for this website to have a place where all things Coffee Talk can live, and I'm proud to say that as of today, we have a Coffee Talk page! The Coffee Talk page will be updated regularly.
Thanks for making Coffee Talk a success. If you want to become a Coffee Talk community sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see you at our next discussion, which will be at 10 a.m., Sept. 7 at Revel 77.
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022