We're not just about reporting religious news and publishing reflections on issues of faith and ethics. Spokane Faith & Values prides itself in bringing the Spokane community together — offline — once a month for our Coffee Talks.
We started this community forum in January at Chairs Coffee. I asked our panelists to discuss God and the Newtown shootings. You, readers, packed the coffee house. And you did it again in February when we gathered at Boots Bakery to discuss “Violence and the Sacred.”
For eight months now we've bounced from coffee house to coffee house discussing important theological and moral issues in a manner that's fruitful, respectful and insightful. And we're supporting local business along the way.
Leading up to the Coffee Talk each month our writers post articles about the month's topic (September's topic is “engaging millennials.”) Several of you have asked for this website to have a place where all things Coffee Talk can live, and I'm proud to say that as of today, we have a Coffee Talk page! The Coffee Talk page will be updated regularly.
Thanks for making Coffee Talk a success. If you want to become a Coffee Talk community sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see you at our next discussion, which will be at 10 a.m., Sept. 7 at Revel 77.
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020