On Tuesday a sexual abuse victim filed a lawsuit against the Catholic dioceses of Yakima and Spokane.
The lawsuit filed in Spokane County Superior Court claims that beginning in 1961, the Rev. Joseph Sondergeld sexually abused the victim, then 9 years old, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Roslyn.
According to the lawsuit, the Spokane Diocese knew Sondergeld had abused children in the past and failed to report him to the authorities.
The Spokane Diocese instead transferred Sondergeld, who died in 1969, to the Yakima Diocese.
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - November 17, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019