On Tuesday a sexual abuse victim filed a lawsuit against the Catholic dioceses of Yakima and Spokane.
The lawsuit filed in Spokane County Superior Court claims that beginning in 1961, the Rev. Joseph Sondergeld sexually abused the victim, then 9 years old, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Roslyn.
According to the lawsuit, the Spokane Diocese knew Sondergeld had abused children in the past and failed to report him to the authorities.
The Spokane Diocese instead transferred Sondergeld, who died in 1969, to the Yakima Diocese.
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020