John Kelsay, Distinguished Research Professor at Florida State University, will present “The Debate over the Islamic State Group: Muslim Perspectives on Religion and Politics” at Gonzaga University on Jan. 21.
Kelsay’s work situates contemporary Islamic arguments about war and violence within the historical Islamic legal and political tradition. This lecture will focus on the debate between Muslims regarding the Islamic State group and its claims regarding political legitimacy and warfare.
The lecture will be from 5-6:30 p.m. at Gonzaga’s Wolff Auditorium. The event is free and open to the pubic.
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022
- YWCA Sparks Conversation During Teen Dating Violence Action Month - February 2, 2022
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021