On Friday at 1 p.m., Friday Musical’s Holiday Celebration will feature two area youth choirs: Chanson Nouvelle and Crescendo’s Concert Choir. The program also features the annual Christmas sing with a selection of “Christmas Bells.”
The recital will be held at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 5720 S Perry. The public is invited to this free event.
At the performance Norilee Kimball’s highly acclaimed Chanson Nouvelle singers will perform a selection of seasonal music, according to a press release. Chanson Nouvelle, a girls’ choir from North Central High School, regularly sings throughout the area and has won several awards throughout Kimball’s tenure.
Friday Musical’s Performing Member, Sharon Rodkey Smith, is artistic director of Crescendo Community Chorus and a lecturer, conductor and clinician.
Another special part of Friday Musical’s celebration is the annual Christmas Sing, led by Performing Member Melissa Percy Drumm. Drumm has been the director of music ministries at Hamblen Park Presbyterian Church for 19 years. The Christmas Sing will be accompanied by pianist Nisha Coulter, member, and a retired French and English teacher. She is organist at All Saints Lutheran Church.
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021