The annual 40 Days for Life campaign will start their nationwide fall season prayer vigils to end abortion Wednesday, Sept. 25, at 7 a.m.
These vigils will take place every day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Nov. 3.
The mission for 40 Days for Life, according to their website, is to “draw attention to the evil of abortion” in three ways: prayer and fasting, a constant and peaceful vigil, and community outreach.
According to a previous SpokaneFāVS article on the 40 Days for Life Spring 2019 campaign, Spokane’s vigils “began in 2008 in Spokane and [have] been held as fall or spring campaigns over the years, sometimes both, with the exception of 2009. This year, Spokane [was] one of 377 vigil locations to take place in 28 countries.”
People are invited to sign up for an hour to pray during this fall campaign, or to pray in the public right-of-way outside Planned Parenthood on 123 East Indiana Ave.
For more information or to sign up for an hour, visit Spokane’s 40 Days for Life website.
- Voices: #Black Lives Matter in Spokane - June 13, 2020
- SpokaneFāVS Asks You to Consider Becoming a Member - June 10, 2020
- Interfaith Champion Tracy Simmons Wins First Place in Pivot Spokane Storytelling Contest - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Win CARES Act Grant from Humanities Washington & the National Endowment for the Humanities - May 19, 2020
- Spokane Community Steps Up to Lessen Burdens Due to COVID-19 Restrictions - March 14, 2020
- Hindu Community To Celebrate Holi at FāVS Center March 8 - February 26, 2020
- Upcoming breakfast to raise funds for anti-trafficking ministry - February 21, 2020
- Conflicting Causes Surrounding Abortion Bring Their Annual Events to Riverfront Park on the Same Day - January 17, 2020
- Spokane Holiday Celebrations Outside the “Traditional” Box - December 13, 2019
- Grace is the Antidote of Distrust and Division - December 4, 2019