By Eric Blauer
This is my list of things I am sick of witnessing regarding the Ferguson event, protests and riots.
- I am not interested in hearing from anyone who burns or loots.
- I am not interested in listening to anyone who hasn’t suffered from racial threat, violence or fear.
- I am not interested in hearing from safe, protected, well off white people.
- I am not interested in hearing from only men in power.
- I am not interested in hearing from black opportunists who victimize or demonize.
- I am tired of watching the selective, racial profiling and race baiting of news reporting.
- I am tired of a judicial system that is structured to favor the rich, privileged, white person of power or position.
- I am not interested in hearing from any clergy in Ferguson that were not out on the night of the verdict in solidarity by protecting people, property and peace.
- I protest the ratings perps who will rape this story then move on to the next victim in the name of money.
- I am not interested in hearing from any Christian leader or church that isn’t a racial representative of the Kingdom of God in their ministries and worship services.
I am Frederick Christian Blauer IV, but I go by Eric, it sounds less like a megalomaniac but still hints at my Scandinavian destiny of coastal conquest and ultimate rule. I have accumulated a fair number of titles: son, brother, husband, father, pastor, writer, artist and a few other more colorful titles by my fanged fans. I am a lover of story be it heard, read or watched in all beauty, gory or glory. I write and speak as an exorcist or poltergeist, splashing holy water, spilling wine and breaking bread between the apocalypse and a sleeping baby. I am possessed by too many words and they get driven out like wild pigs and into the waters of my blog at www.fcb4.tumblr.com. I work as a pastor at Jacob’s Well Church (www.jacobswellspokane.com) across the tracks on ‘that’ side of town. I follow Christ in East Central Spokane among saints, sinners, angels, demons, crime, condoms, chaos, beauty, goodness and powerful weakness. I have more questions than answers, grey hairs than brown, fat than muscle, fire than fireplace and experience more love from my wife, family and friends than a man should be blessed with in one lifetime.