A symposium on Christianity in China is coming to Whitworth University next month.
The symposium, “China’s Christianity: Constructing a Christian Identity – from Mission to Indigenous Church” responds to the historical growth and cultural exchange of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, in China, the world’s most populated country.
It accompanies an exhibit at Whitworth which highlights rare documents and objects related to the missionary period of Christian exchange in China.
The symposium will Nov. 5-7 and will feature scholars who will speak on the issue of China’s Christian reality, past and present.
- April 1 Coffee Talk: The Nature of Truth - Mar 23, 2017
- Attorney General Coming to Gonzaga to Discuss Immigration Case - Mar 21, 2017
- Tonight Salem to host session on immigration advocacy - Mar 19, 2017
- 2017 “Sharing the Dharma Day” Series begins April 2 - Mar 18, 2017
- Rally in downtown Spokane today shows support for immigrants, refugees - Mar 16, 2017
- This month’s Meet The Neighbors Celebrates Spokane Hindus - Mar 15, 2017
- Cup of Cool Water seeks volunteers - Mar 14, 2017
- Gonzaga lecture to address American Religious Violence - Mar 9, 2017
- Gonzaga Women’s & Gender Studies Celebrates 25 Years - Mar 5, 2017
- Pastor to speak in Spokane tomorrow about dangers of Islam - Mar 3, 2017