A symposium on Christianity in China is coming to Whitworth University next month.
The symposium, “China’s Christianity: Constructing a Christian Identity – from Mission to Indigenous Church” responds to the historical growth and cultural exchange of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, in China, the world’s most populated country.
It accompanies an exhibit at Whitworth which highlights rare documents and objects related to the missionary period of Christian exchange in China.
The symposium will Nov. 5-7 and will feature scholars who will speak on the issue of China’s Christian reality, past and present.
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017
- Interfaith Day of Prayer to be celebrated this week in Colville - May 1, 2017
- Anti-Semitic graffiti found in downtown Spokane - Apr 28, 2017