A symposium on Christianity in China is coming to Whitworth University next month.
The symposium, “China’s Christianity: Constructing a Christian Identity – from Mission to Indigenous Church” responds to the historical growth and cultural exchange of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, in China, the world’s most populated country.
It accompanies an exhibit at Whitworth which highlights rare documents and objects related to the missionary period of Christian exchange in China.
The symposium will Nov. 5-7 and will feature scholars who will speak on the issue of China’s Christian reality, past and present.
- Anti-Semitic graffiti found in downtown Spokane - Apr 28, 2017
- World Vision Humanitarian Response Director to speak in Spokane - Apr 27, 2017
- Sravasti Abbey’s Service Saturday’s Return - Apr 27, 2017
- Second Harvest offers cooking classes for kids this week - Apr 26, 2017
- Award Winning Educator to keynote YWCA Stand Against Racism Event - Apr 19, 2017
- The Case for Christ: What’s the evidence for the resurrection? - Apr 7, 2017
- St. John’s Cathedral offers special musical performances for Holy Week - Apr 7, 2017
- PJALS to honor MLK’s Vietnam speech with panel discussion - Apr 3, 2017
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Nature of Truth - Apr 1, 2017
- Today: Meet The Neighbors Celebrates Spokane Hindus - Mar 25, 2017