By Hannah McCollum
Whitworth University’s choir is continuing its tradition of performing Christmas Festival Concerts. “Emmanuel: God With Us” will be the 15th annual Christmas concert that Marc A. Hafso, director of choral activities at Whitworth, has directed.Whitworth will perform two concerts at the Fox in Spokane next weekend, Dec. 9-10.
The Christmas Festival Concerts feature members of the Whitworth Choir, women’s and men’s choirs, instrumentalists and narrators for a combined total of more than 100 student-musicians. They will perform choral works, traditional carols and readings that “offer light and hope and love” to the audience, in the words of artistic director Hafso.
The program will include “Arise, Your Light Has Come” by David Danner and “O Come, All Ye Faithful” by David Willcocks. It will conclude in candlelight.
“Emmanuel: God With Us” will be held in the Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox, 1001 W. Sprague Ave, on two days: Saturday, Dec. 9 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 10 at 3 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Fox box office for $20, or $15 for students and seniors over the age of 62. A limited number of tickets may be available for purchase at the door. Call the Fox box office, (509) 624-1200, or go to foxtheaterspokane.org to purchase tickets.
For more information, contact Marc A. Hafso, director of choral activities at Whitworth, or Trisha Coder, media relations manager.
Marc A. Hafso: (509) 777-4598 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Trisha Coder: (509) 777-4703 or email@example.com.
- 19 lay-people to receive Buddhist names this Sunday - Dec 9, 2017
- All invited to Sharing the Dharma Day and vigil for victims of gun violence, Dec. 10 - Dec 5, 2017
- Whitworth choir to perform Christmas concert in Spokane - Dec 3, 2017
- Mini-retreat on the Spiritual Exercises to be held Dec. 2 at Gonzaga Prep - Nov 28, 2017
- Immaculate Heart Retreat Center hosts day of prayer and retreats for Advent - Nov 19, 2017
- Volunteers needed at Sravasti Abbey - Nov 8, 2017
- MercyMe’s new album, “Lifer” offers something for everyone - Oct 26, 2017
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - Oct 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - Oct 5, 2017
- Free chamber music concert Sunday, Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2017