By Joe Niemiec
I look at the news and it doesn’t seem to have changed. I was a child during the civil rights movement of the 50’s and 6o’s. I didn’t understand it because I wasn’t effected — we didn’t have a minority family in my school system (a country school) until I was a junior in high school. I watched the news of the assassinations of JFK, Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. and just couldn’t understand that level of hate.
I didn’t understand it then and I do not understand it now. What I know as a human being is that it is my choice to stand for peace and equality, to pray and raise my consciousness to know a higher truth is possible. New laws will make little or no difference. A new way of being is the only solution. Each one must make the choice.
I stand for Peace.
I stand for Equality.
I stand for Love.
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What makes God divine? - Sep 17, 2017
- I felt the earth move under my feet - Jul 6, 2017
- Celebrate A Nation, Celebrate An Idea - Jul 4, 2017
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Religious Science vs. Unity - Apr 11, 2017
- Shadow Self - Dec 15, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Do you believe in Heaven? - Sep 8, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Are you Christian? - Aug 30, 2016
- We must make a choice - Jul 12, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What is a Course in Miracles? - Jul 7, 2016
- Orlando Attack: Peace, compassion — not vengeance - Jun 14, 2016