Briggs will be speaking about the resiliency she’s seen in the people of Uganda, where she’s worked alongside local leaders of both religious and community organizations to initiate programs in education, business, and public health. For Coffee Talk she wrote, “Natural Disasters: We Have To Do Our Part.”
Guest panelist Frank E. Hutchison, PhD, is currently a partner at the business consulting and crisis management firm Me^2 Solutions, and has worked for the Air Force, Missile Defense Agency, Department of Justice, White House and Homeland Security. He’s writing a series for the Coffee Talk on emergency preparedness.
Guest panelist Rev. Dr. L. George Abrams has served eight years as United Methodist disaster response coordinator for Pacific Northwest Conference, has been FEMA Voluntary Agency Specialist for 10 years working with faith based and voluntary agencies, and three years as Washington state Delegate to National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD).
Coffee Talk will take place in the foyer of the Community Building, 35 W. Main Ave. at 10 a.m. Guests who buy a pastry at Boots Bakery across the street can get a free coffee, if they say they’re part of the SpokaneFāVS Coffee Talk.
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021