Briggs will be speaking about the resiliency she’s seen in the people of Uganda, where she’s worked alongside local leaders of both religious and community organizations to initiate programs in education, business, and public health. For Coffee Talk she wrote, “Natural Disasters: We Have To Do Our Part.”
Guest panelist Frank E. Hutchison, PhD, is currently a partner at the business consulting and crisis management firm Me^2 Solutions, and has worked for the Air Force, Missile Defense Agency, Department of Justice, White House and Homeland Security. He’s writing a series for the Coffee Talk on emergency preparedness.
Guest panelist Rev. Dr. L. George Abrams has served eight years as United Methodist disaster response coordinator for Pacific Northwest Conference, has been FEMA Voluntary Agency Specialist for 10 years working with faith based and voluntary agencies, and three years as Washington state Delegate to National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD).
Coffee Talk will take place in the foyer of the Community Building, 35 W. Main Ave. at 10 a.m. Guests who buy a pastry at Boots Bakery across the street can get a free coffee, if they say they’re part of the SpokaneFāVS Coffee Talk.
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021