Tonight Salem Lutheran Church will host an educational event, “Building Bridges: Education on Immigration Advocacy” for faith leaders, organizers and community leaders.
Led by local clergy, educators or undocumented immigrant youth, known as Dreamers, at the session guests will learn about the nation’s immigration system and gain a Christian perspective on immigration reform. According to an announcement, they will also hear stories about undocumented students in the Spokane community and learn how to stand with them.
“This event is neither partisan nor a political statement, but rather is rooted in a compassionate invitation to love our neighbors,” the invitation reads.
The session will be from 6-8 p.m. at Salem, 1428 West Broadway Ave.
Attendees are asked to RSVP online.
- Award Winning Educator to keynote YWCA Stand Against Racism Event - Apr 19, 2017
- The Case for Christ: What’s the evidence for the resurrection? - Apr 7, 2017
- St. John’s Cathedral offers special musical performances for Holy Week - Apr 7, 2017
- PJALS to honor MLK’s Vietnam speech with panel discussion - Apr 3, 2017
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Nature of Truth - Apr 1, 2017
- Today: Meet The Neighbors Celebrates Spokane Hindus - Mar 25, 2017
- Attorney General Coming to Gonzaga to Discuss Immigration Case - Mar 21, 2017
- Tonight Salem to host session on immigration advocacy - Mar 19, 2017
- 2017 “Sharing the Dharma Day” Series begins April 2 - Mar 18, 2017
- Rally in downtown Spokane today shows support for immigrants, refugees - Mar 16, 2017