Tonight Salem Lutheran Church will host an educational event, “Building Bridges: Education on Immigration Advocacy” for faith leaders, organizers and community leaders.
Led by local clergy, educators or undocumented immigrant youth, known as Dreamers, at the session guests will learn about the nation’s immigration system and gain a Christian perspective on immigration reform. According to an announcement, they will also hear stories about undocumented students in the Spokane community and learn how to stand with them.
“This event is neither partisan nor a political statement, but rather is rooted in a compassionate invitation to love our neighbors,” the invitation reads.
The session will be from 6-8 p.m. at Salem, 1428 West Broadway Ave.
Attendees are asked to RSVP online.
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017
- Interfaith Day of Prayer to be celebrated this week in Colville - May 1, 2017