By Hannah McCollum
Monday, Aug. 7 the Black Lens will host coffee and conversation with one of its writers, Rev. Beverly Spears. The topic of the talk is “Tongues of Fire,” which is the title of a column written by the reverend and published in the December 2016 issue of the Black Lens. The conversation will explore Rev. Spears’ personal faith journey as well as “the intersection of spirituality and politics and the future of Christianity.”
The Black Lens is a monthly newspaper focused on news and information important to the African American community of Spokane.
Everyone is invited to this free evening of conversation on Aug. 7, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cafe Affogato. The address is 19 W. Main Ave., Spokane. For more information call Sandra Williams, editor and publisher of the Black Lens, at (509) 795-1964.
- Tongues of Fire: Black Lens hosts Coffee and Conversation Aug. 7 - Aug 2, 2017
- Gonzaga hosts conference: Engaging with Communities for Justice - Jul 20, 2017
- May 13 workshop: Dismantling the Doctrine of Discovery - May 4, 2017
- Leadership prayer breakfast to be held May 4 - Apr 23, 2017
- Registration open for summer fun at Camp Kroc - Apr 21, 2017
- Sherman Alexie to address Gonzaga’s class of 2017 - Apr 17, 2017
- BRIEF: Japanese Spring Food Festival on April 9 - Mar 30, 2017
- BRIEF: Spokane Ministry Leader Conference Tomorrow - Mar 10, 2017
- Holocaust survivor to speak in Spokane - Feb 25, 2017
- BRIEF: Ash Wednesday Silent Day of Prayer, retreat - Feb 23, 2017