Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today everyone! More than 40 people attended and we raised $91 for SpokaneFAVS.
The panel discussion began at 10 a.m. at 1425 W Broadway Ave.
- Shannon Dunn, who wrote, “Charlie Hebdo and the Justification of Free Speech“
- Kelly Mathews, who wrote, “Sapere Aude — Dare to know, Dare to speak“
- and our guest panelist is Taylor Weech, who wrote “Religion as a tool for the status quo: How politics can make wars holy and criticism blasphemous.”
- Elizabeth Backstrom, who wrote, “We can’t coast through life without being offended“
Coffee Talks are held the first Saturday of the month and all are welcome.
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - Dec 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - Nov 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017