Update: Weather permitting, we may celebrate Holi by throwing colors outside!
The dry colors usually come off easy from cotton clothes, so it be may be a good idea to carry an old t-shirt to wear over clothes and a towel for the car seat if/when the time comes to play with colors.
The Meet The Neighbors series, presented by SpokaneFāVS and the Spokane Interfaith Council, will continue today with a chance to meet Spokane’s Hindu community.
Meet The Neighbors is a house of worship tour that began in 2016.
The event will take place today from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Southside Senior & Community Center, 3151 E 27th Ave.
Because there isn’t a Hindu temple in Spokane yet, many local Hindus worship (puja) in their homes. For community gatherings they currently meet at the Southside Center.
At this month’s Meet The Neighbors attendees can meet local Hindus, learn about the religion, experience the spring festival of Holi, which is celebrated this month, and taste homemade Indian food.
If you value the Meet the Neighbors program, please consider making a donation so we can continue this community event.
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017
- Interfaith Day of Prayer to be celebrated this week in Colville - May 1, 2017