Update: Weather permitting, we may celebrate Holi by throwing colors outside!
The dry colors usually come off easy from cotton clothes, so it be may be a good idea to carry an old t-shirt to wear over clothes and a towel for the car seat if/when the time comes to play with colors.
The Meet The Neighbors series, presented by SpokaneFāVS and the Spokane Interfaith Council, will continue today with a chance to meet Spokane’s Hindu community.
Meet The Neighbors is a house of worship tour that began in 2016.
The event will take place today from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Southside Senior & Community Center, 3151 E 27th Ave.
Because there isn’t a Hindu temple in Spokane yet, many local Hindus worship (puja) in their homes. For community gatherings they currently meet at the Southside Center.
At this month’s Meet The Neighbors attendees can meet local Hindus, learn about the religion, experience the spring festival of Holi, which is celebrated this month, and taste homemade Indian food.
If you value the Meet the Neighbors program, please consider making a donation so we can continue this community event.
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - December 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - November 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - October 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - September 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - August 14, 2017