Around two years ago I moved to your town, sat with many of you and said my company and I were going to be launching an online publication that would cover religion news in this area. The site didn’t yet have a name, or a URL. All I could promise you was that it would be super cool and fill a void in your community.
You listened to me, and you gave me — a stranger — a chance. You agreed to write for me (45 of you!), to read our stories, to come to our community events, to support us financially (ahem, we need more help in this area), you followed us on social media and I’m proud to say that it’s paid off. On Saturday evening (Sept. 28) at the annual Religion Newswriters Association Conference Spokane Faith & Values was recognized as one of the top online religion sections in the country.
The site took third in the Schachern Award for Online Religion Section of the Year.
When I accepted the award, I thanked the Spokane community for supporting this site, I thanked our writers who make this site happen and I thanked the entire Faith & Values team, who I couldn’t do this without.
Thanks everyone, can’t wait to see what we come home with next year,
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022