On May 6 Friends of Sravasti Abbey is asking volunteers to come to Offering Service Saturday to help with routine maintenance and cleaning at the abbey.
Service could include garden work, cleaning, or cooking.
The organizers said in an announcement, “The idea is to strengthen the Abbey’s support community and, at the same time, take a bit of the workload off the shoulders of the nuns. We believe these monthly service opportunities will help us cultivate the qualities of goodness, virtue and generosity in our lives at home.”
The day will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the abbey, 692 Country Lane in Newport.
Those planning to attend are asked to RSVP at volunteer.sravasti
Dates for future Offering Service Saturdays are June 3, July 15, Aug. 19, Sept. 9, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - Nov 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017