This week the Local Media Association named SpokaneFAVS the Best Niche Site Produced by Local Media for unique visitors under 100,000.
The judges said SpokaneFAVS was, “Well designed, easy to follow. Interactive for its target audience.”
The judges said they were also impressed at how open the website was to all faiths and beliefs.
The Local Media Association is the only non-profit, professional trade association specifically serving the local media industry. Each year it holds numerous contests to make sure that “the best are nationally recognized.”
In 2013 SpokaneFAVS won its first national journalism award when it won third place in the Harold Schacerrn Award for Online Religion Section of the Year by the Religion Newswriters Association.
In April SpokaneFAVS celebrated its second anniversary.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021