SpokaneFAVS celebrated its third annual Faith Feast: An Interfaith Progressive Dinner Sunday evening (April 26) with baklava, vegetarian meatballs, strawberry shortcake and tours of three of Spokane’s houses of worship.
Faith Feast is held annually to celebrate SpokaneFAVS anniversary. This year we turn 3 years old.
Faith Feast 2015 started with Greek homemade appetizers at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church. The Rev. Stephen Supica answered questions about his tradition before a deacon led the Faith Feast group into the sanctuary for a tour. There guests learned about the iconography in the church, the worship services and other Greek Orthodox traditions.
The smell of vegetarian cuisine wafted through the fellowship hall as Faith Feasters mingled with church members and learned about many of the church ministries, like God’s Closet, which provides free children’s clothes to those in the community. Pastor Dayv Lounsbury delivered an overview of the beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist religion as guests dined on salad, rolls, meatless chicken, meatballs and other goodies.
The final Faith Feast stop was at Salem Lutheran Church, where a homemade strawberry shortcake dessert was waiting. There, guests learned about the work Salem is doing in the West Central neighborhood, saw the sanctuary and got to ask questions about the progressive ELCA tradition.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020