Today at 5 p.m. a rally will take place in Spokane supporting immigrants and refugees.
Organized by the Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane “Rise Up for Refugees & Resist Trump’s Muslim Ban 2.0” is meant to denounce, “The Trump administration’s rewritten executive order, which turns our backs on refugees from around the world at the very time when they are most in need of safety,” according to a press release.
Trump’s revised travel ban has been blocked temporarily by two federal judges. They cited the president’s statements about Muslims during the presidential campaign as part of their rulings.
Trump, however, slammed their decision and has vowed to take the issue before the Supreme Court.
The rally will take place at the Community Building, 35 W. Main.
Similar rallies are taking place today throughout the country.
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - December 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - November 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - October 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - September 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - August 14, 2017