By Eric Blauer
This Independence Day I’m grateful that my ancestors came to America on the Mayflower; fleeing religious persecution for the freedoms of worship and personal conscience.
I’m proud to have family that fought in the Revolutionary War, eventually throwing off oppressive governmental power and establishing a Constitution and Bill of Rights of unprecedented liberty for the individual.
I’m thankful to my cousin, son-in-law and dear friends who have taken their place in military service in a time of global war on terrorists. Our freedoms and your sacrifices will never be forgotten in my home.
I’m thankful for our founding leaders who understood the difference between laws that protect freedoms vs. granting freedoms.
I’m proud to be an American and I’ll show that pride by opposing any power, institution, party or person who would seek to destroy, dismantle or demonize this great country.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
A hearty amen to Mr. Adams and I’ll eat a hotdog, drink a PBR, fly my flag, play some country music in my truck and pray to God for the freedom of all in honor and memorial to our founding leaders and this great country.
God bless America!
- 16 New Testament guiding principles on giving - Oct 6, 2016
- Men, Gilgamesh & the call of the Wild - Sep 15, 2016
- Flat Tires, Flannery O’Conner and a Bigot Barber - Aug 18, 2016
- Feeding the hungry unawares - Aug 10, 2016
- ISIS, the DNC and the Martyrdom of Father Jacques Hamel in France - Jul 26, 2016
- Making America Wait Again - Jul 19, 2016
- Are the Barbarians at the Gates? - Jul 15, 2016
- Churches, Gender Laws and the future of Community Development in our Cities - Jul 6, 2016
- Proud to be an American - Jul 4, 2016
- The Place of Visual Arts in Interfaith Bridge Building - Jun 20, 2016