Tomorrow, on the 50th anniversary of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence,” the Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane will host a panel discussion on the violence King addressed.
At the event, guests can hear an excerpt of the speech, which will be followed by a panel discussion. Panelists are:
– Rev. Happy Watkins, New Hope Baptist Church
– Sandy Williams, Black Lens News
– Pastor Walter Kendricks, Morning Star Baptist Church, Ministerial Fellowship
It will be held at the PJALS headquarters, 35 W Main Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and the program will begin at 7 p.m.
- Award Winning Educator to keynote YWCA Stand Against Racism Event - Apr 19, 2017
- The Case for Christ: What’s the evidence for the resurrection? - Apr 7, 2017
- St. John’s Cathedral offers special musical performances for Holy Week - Apr 7, 2017
- PJALS to honor MLK’s Vietnam speech with panel discussion - Apr 3, 2017
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Nature of Truth - Apr 1, 2017
- Today: Meet The Neighbors Celebrates Spokane Hindus - Mar 25, 2017
- Attorney General Coming to Gonzaga to Discuss Immigration Case - Mar 21, 2017
- Tonight Salem to host session on immigration advocacy - Mar 19, 2017
- 2017 “Sharing the Dharma Day” Series begins April 2 - Mar 18, 2017
- Rally in downtown Spokane today shows support for immigrants, refugees - Mar 16, 2017