Tomorrow, on the 50th anniversary of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence,” the Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane will host a panel discussion on the violence King addressed.
At the event, guests can hear an excerpt of the speech, which will be followed by a panel discussion. Panelists are:
– Rev. Happy Watkins, New Hope Baptist Church
– Sandy Williams, Black Lens News
– Pastor Walter Kendricks, Morning Star Baptist Church, Ministerial Fellowship
It will be held at the PJALS headquarters, 35 W Main Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and the program will begin at 7 p.m.
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - Nov 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017