Tomorrow, on the 50th anniversary of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence,” the Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane will host a panel discussion on the violence King addressed.
At the event, guests can hear an excerpt of the speech, which will be followed by a panel discussion. Panelists are:
– Rev. Happy Watkins, New Hope Baptist Church
– Sandy Williams, Black Lens News
– Pastor Walter Kendricks, Morning Star Baptist Church, Ministerial Fellowship
It will be held at the PJALS headquarters, 35 W Main Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and the program will begin at 7 p.m.
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017
- Interfaith Day of Prayer to be celebrated this week in Colville - May 1, 2017
- Anti-Semitic graffiti found in downtown Spokane - Apr 28, 2017
- World Vision Humanitarian Response Director to speak in Spokane - Apr 27, 2017
- Sravasti Abbey’s Service Saturday’s Return - Apr 27, 2017
- Second Harvest offers cooking classes for kids this week - Apr 26, 2017
- Award Winning Educator to keynote YWCA Stand Against Racism Event - Apr 19, 2017