Fred Phelps, Westboro Baptist Church founder, died today.
Simply put, I hate what this monster stood for, but if there is mercy for him, there is most certainly mercy for all. And, in an odd way, I hope that God’s mercy on him brings him a chaotic peace—a mercy that reminds him of how cruel he was on earth, how undeserving he is, and a mourning for the man he was.
What are your thoughts? How should we react to his passing?
- Faith renewed, again, at the Gay Christian Network Conference - January 10, 2017
- On Restricted Freedoms - May 11, 2016
- What new things is God revealing to you? - February 23, 2016
- Ash Wednesday a reminder of our mortality, and a prompt to be fully alive - February 19, 2016
- Epiphany and a Spirit of Grace - January 6, 2016
- Part of education is learning different perspectives - June 30, 2015
- How God Calls and Equips Us - June 24, 2015
- Why I oppose the $15 minimum wage - April 17, 2015
- RFRA — Would Jesus Ever Discriminate? - April 13, 2015
- Walker knew his actions would have consequences - April 8, 2015