Lutherhaven Ministries will hold a celebration on Aug. 28 in honor of its 70th anniversary. Lutherhaven plans to hold a day-long event celebrating the camp and the many activities it has to offer.
Lutherhaven Ministries is located in Northern Idaho near Lake Coeur d’Alene. A number of Lutheran churches in the Inland Northwest got together and built Lutherhaven in 1946.
Five ministries make up the campgrounds. Camp Lutherhaven was the first ministry, which gave Christian youth and families an opportunity to hold camping events. Shoshone Mountain Retreat began in 2009 and offered lodging for families and groups. Lutherhaven Day Camps take their ministries to churches and provide fun activities for children. Shoshone Creek Ranch provides families with an authentic western getaway. Idaho Servant Adventures works as a mission team, providing volunteer service to communities in need.
Lutherhaven has offered Christian summer camp experiences for 70 years by standing by their mission, inspired by Ephesians 2:8-10:
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
The celebration will be held on Lutherhaven campgrounds located at 3258 W Lutherhaven Rd. Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. The celebration will run from 10 a.m. through 4 p.m. and will offer many activities including a picnic, worship, concert and archery. Those wishing to attend must register online.
- Green Bluff Renaissance Faire raises money for Second Harvest - Oct 12, 2017
- Local clergy say pope’s move to allow priests to forgive abortion is an example of mercy, grace - Dec 27, 2016
- Spokane Police Department Partners with Gonzaga on Culture Audit - Aug 10, 2016
- Organizations help feed Spokane’s youth during summer months - Aug 3, 2016
- Lutherhaven to celebrate 70th birthday with day-long celebration - Aug 1, 2016
- You Say You Want a Revolution: A Message to the politically lost millennial - Jul 29, 2016
- Upcoming bike race to raise money for sexual assault response - Jul 27, 2016
- Humanities Washington, Jewish Family Services to host interfaith discussion - Jul 22, 2016
- Christian musician Chris Tomlin coming to Spokane - Jul 21, 2016
- Growing LDS community leads to opening of sixth Spokane stake - Jul 20, 2016