Since there has been an uptick in racist vandalism and hate speech in the past few months, SpokaneFāVS will be hosting a Coffee Talk discussion this month on “Unlearning Hate.”
The forum will be today (Oct. 7) at 10 a.m. at Saranac Commons, 19 W. Main Ave.
- Megan Caroll, who wrote, “Since election anti-Semitic and racist vandalism has plagued region” and “Writing about hate is heavy, but enlightening”
- Neal Schindler, who wrote, “Ask A Jew: Is it worth arguing with a Holocaust denier?” and “Ask A Jew: Pushing back against hateful stereotypes“
- Guest panelist Ben Faulkner, who wrote, “Unlearning hate“
- Guest panelist Kristine Hoover, of the upcoming International Conference on Hate Studies
All are welcome to attend this community discussion.
You can help support Coffee Talks with your tax deductible donation.
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - December 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - November 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - October 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - September 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - August 14, 2017