The 6th Annual Interfaith National Day of Prayer will be celebrated Thursday on the north lawn of the Stevens County Courthouse. 215. S. Oak in Colville.
According to the Rev. Jim CastroLang of First Congregational United Church of Christ, the event is aimed at healing brokenness.
“The sense of division and strife is everywhere in our country today and even in our families,” he said in an announcement. “Our country calls all people of faith to join together on this day to pray for healing of the divisions.”
This celebration will include sharings or prayers from a variety of the world’s religions including the wide spectrum in Christianity. Everyone is invited to bring a prayer for healing or an expression of healing across divisions to be shared with the group.
It will take place at 5 p.m.
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - Nov 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017