By Hannah McCollum
This advent season, Immaculate Heart Retreat Center is hosting individual silent retreats from Dec. 1 to Dec. 20, as well as an Advent Day of Prayer on Dec. 6. The retreats leading up to Christmas will focus on the theme of preparing for the coming of Christ.
The Advent Day of Prayer will be held on Dec. 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., led by Sister Mary Eucharista and titled “Kindling for the Fire: Five Warm Ways to Welcome the Christ Child.” The event description reads, “Jesus burns with love for us, and we find it hard to believe it sometimes. Find out five simple ways to respond to the One Who loved us first!” The cost is $38 per person or $48 with the use of a private room. The schedule includes the rosary, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Mass, Adoration and two conferences. Lunch will be provided. Register for the Advent Day of Prayer here.
The individual silent retreats may last one day, three days or longer. The cost is $107 per person per day and includes lodging and meals. Spiritual direction is available. Retreats at Immaculate Heart Retreat Center provide the space to reflect on the meaning of Advent: “The great mystery of Christmas requires time and silence to remember the most important things in life, the things that make Christmas the great family gift that it is.”
Contact Immaculate Retreat Center by phone, 509-448-1224, or visit their website to learn more about how they are providing “opportunities for spiritual growth to all people” this Christmas season.
- 19 lay-people to receive Buddhist names this Sunday - Dec 9, 2017
- All invited to Sharing the Dharma Day and vigil for victims of gun violence, Dec. 10 - Dec 5, 2017
- Whitworth choir to perform Christmas concert in Spokane - Dec 3, 2017
- Mini-retreat on the Spiritual Exercises to be held Dec. 2 at Gonzaga Prep - Nov 28, 2017
- Immaculate Heart Retreat Center hosts day of prayer and retreats for Advent - Nov 19, 2017
- Volunteers needed at Sravasti Abbey - Nov 8, 2017
- MercyMe’s new album, “Lifer” offers something for everyone - Oct 26, 2017
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - Oct 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - Oct 5, 2017
- Free chamber music concert Sunday, Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2017