Later this month Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will present, “How Saint Nicholas became Santa Claus,” a spiritual discussion for kids, parents and grandparents.
The event, “Cocoa and Contemplation” (normally called Coffee and Contemplation) will be lead by Deacon Tom Heavey.
According to an announcement, “The jolly magical Christmas figure we know as Santa Claus has a basis in the life of a real saint carried down through history.”
The event will includes cookies, games, projects, a talk with “St. Nick” and photos with Santa.
It will be Dec. 21 from 9-11 a.m. Cost is $10, kids under 7 years old are free.
For information or to register call 509-448-1224.
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - Dec 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - Nov 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017