By Hannah McCollum
Sunday, Oct. 1 at 4 p.m. the Spokane Chapter of the American Guild of Organists (AGO) will perform a free concert at Messiah Lutheran Church. They will perform a variety of choral, organ and chamber music, featuring “Little Organ Mass” by Franz Joseph Haydn. Two of Mozart’s church sonatas and Haydn’s “Piano Trio” will also be on the program, as well as organ music by Sigfrid Karg-Elert.
The Spokane AGO chapter‘s mission is to connect organists and music lovers in the area, as well as to promote organ and choral music in the community through concerts and events. The Fig Tree published an article about the Spokane chapter in February, interviewing Carolyn Payne, chapter member and organist at Salem Lutheran.
Messiah Lutheran Church is located at 4202 N. Belt St, Spokane. Free parking is available in the lot south of the church. Admission is free, but donations are greatly encouraged and will help fund future concerts.
For more information about the upcoming concert or the American Guild of Organists, contact the chapter dean, Byrl Cinnamon, at 209-660-1693 or at email@example.com.
- 19 lay-people to receive Buddhist names this Sunday - Dec 9, 2017
- All invited to Sharing the Dharma Day and vigil for victims of gun violence, Dec. 10 - Dec 5, 2017
- Whitworth choir to perform Christmas concert in Spokane - Dec 3, 2017
- Mini-retreat on the Spiritual Exercises to be held Dec. 2 at Gonzaga Prep - Nov 28, 2017
- Immaculate Heart Retreat Center hosts day of prayer and retreats for Advent - Nov 19, 2017
- Volunteers needed at Sravasti Abbey - Nov 8, 2017
- MercyMe’s new album, “Lifer” offers something for everyone - Oct 26, 2017
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - Oct 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - Oct 5, 2017
- Free chamber music concert Sunday, Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2017