By Hannah McCollum
Sunday, Oct. 1 at 4 p.m. the Spokane Chapter of the American Guild of Organists (AGO) will perform a free concert at Messiah Lutheran Church. They will perform a variety of choral, organ and chamber music, featuring “Little Organ Mass” by Franz Joseph Haydn. Two of Mozart’s church sonatas and Haydn’s “Piano Trio” will also be on the program, as well as organ music by Sigfrid Karg-Elert.
The Spokane AGO chapter‘s mission is to connect organists and music lovers in the area, as well as to promote organ and choral music in the community through concerts and events. The Fig Tree published an article about the Spokane chapter in February, interviewing Carolyn Payne, chapter member and organist at Salem Lutheran.
Messiah Lutheran Church is located at 4202 N. Belt St, Spokane. Free parking is available in the lot south of the church. Admission is free, but donations are greatly encouraged and will help fund future concerts.
For more information about the upcoming concert or the American Guild of Organists, contact the chapter dean, Byrl Cinnamon, at 209-660-1693 or at email@example.com.
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - Oct 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - Oct 5, 2017
- Free chamber music concert Sunday, Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2017
- Presentation on Kahlil Gibran, author of “The Prophet,” on Sept. 23 - Sep 21, 2017
- 12-week program on societal transformation, to begin Sept. 5 - Sep 1, 2017
- Tongues of Fire: Black Lens hosts Coffee and Conversation Aug. 7 - Aug 2, 2017
- Gonzaga hosts conference: Engaging with Communities for Justice - Jul 20, 2017
- May 13 workshop: Dismantling the Doctrine of Discovery - May 4, 2017
- Leadership prayer breakfast to be held May 4 - Apr 23, 2017
- Registration open for summer fun at Camp Kroc - Apr 21, 2017