Catholic Charities Spokane has announced plans to build a second apartment building, similar to the 2012-constructed Father Bach Haven Home located downtown. Called Father Bach II, it will be built on a vacant lot at 201 W. Second Ave.
The 35,300-square-foot transitional housing project is currently in the planning stages with the city of Spokane. The proposed building is designed to have four stories and 51 units.
In January 2013, Catholic Charities opened Father Bach Haven at 108 S. State St. to provide housing aimed at getting chronically homeless individuals off the street and into a place of their own, according to the Spokesman-Review.
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - December 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - November 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - October 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - September 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - August 14, 2017