The Rev. Michael Dowd is not a techno optimist. In over 2,000 settings in North America, for over 14 years, through two TEDx talks and countless interviews, he has fought for a new theology of Earth and grace and limits.
He believes that the message of reality, of Earth, our home and our mother, is gonna’ be a hard message to hear. We are overconsuming, polluting, degrading and destroying. We know this. What we fail to admit, is that we will not last.
We must change, because what we humans are doing is not sustainable.
And technology will not be our savior, no matter what the movies flash at us, no matter what the advertisers of waste and consumption want you to forget.
Dowd is a passionate advocate for the human species to change, to start now, right away, to live lightly on the earth. Begin now to recognize the limits of life and escape the hubris of eternal consumption, reckless waste, senseless environmental degradation.
Tomorrow evening he invites you into a passionate conversation on changing our behaviors and changing understanding of our life on earth.
Come to Westminster UCC, 411 S. Washington St at 7 p.m on tomorrow (Nov. 1.) Join in this terribly important conversation with this eloquent advocate and passionate Eco theologian. You will be glad you did.
- Viewpoints: Thanksgiving Traditions - Nov 29, 2017
- “Prayer is my communion” - Nov 25, 2017
- Showing up for our young people - Sep 27, 2017
- Generosity and compassion appear at the most unexpected moments - May 24, 2017
- To speak, or to be silent? - Apr 27, 2017
- Organizing: Turning fear into anger, despair into courage - Feb 1, 2017
- Eco theologian to speak tomorrow at Westminster about earth, need for change - Oct 31, 2016
- Bullying in politics - Sep 27, 2016
- I dare not be silent - Aug 12, 2016
- Tired, but still standing in ministry - Apr 8, 2016