Inspired by “The Pilgrim Continues His Way”
I do not love God..…
For if I loved God, I would be continually thinking about Him with heartfelt joy. Every thought would give me gladness and thanksgiving.
I do not love my neighbor.….
For if I did love my neighbor, his misfortunes and sorrows would distress me and his happiness and joy would bring me delight. Instead, I give no feeling of well being or gladness towards him with only feelings of contempt and envy.
I do not have faith in a religious belief….
I don’t believe in immortality nor the gospel, for if I did, my behavior would reflect it. If I had no doubt that beyond the grave lies eternal life, I would make every effort to transform my life into what my creator’s intention and purpose was for me and not what I have imagined it might be.
The spirits of darkness are better than me, although they do not love God, hate men, and live with pride, yet at least they believe and tremble.
I am full of pride and sensual self-love…..
I seek the approval in full view of others to see, flaunting and priding myself on my accomplishments. I continue to make an idol of myself giving in to continual lusts and deceptive pleasures to fuel my sensual passions. I show no respect for my fellow man and get angry when they do not agree with me. I am the epitome of self-adornment, I am the golden calf.
If you wish to save your soul, you must first stop running away from yourself.
- Ask an Eastern Orthodox Christian: How can there be multiple “orthodox” churches? - Jul 7, 2017
- Ask an Eastern Orthodox Christian: How do I address an exarch from Turkey or Greece? - Jun 28, 2017
- Ask an Eastern Orthodox Christian: Is the Eastern Orthodox Church a very conservative church? - Jun 5, 2017
- The Bible Answer Man explains theosis - May 2, 2017
- An Eastern Orthodox View on Truth - Mar 30, 2017
- Mary: The most powerful woman from Scripture - Mar 10, 2017
- Conviction: I do not love God Part 1 - Feb 22, 2017
- Ask an Eastern Orthodox Christian: Why do you ask departed saints to pray for you? - Feb 17, 2017
- Ask an Eastern Orthodox Christian: Is Orthodoxy like the newest Christian faiths? - Feb 2, 2017
- Ask An Eastern Orthodox Christian: Do you pray to the Virgin Mary? - Dec 18, 2016