Violence and the Sacred was the topic of the February 2013 Coffee Talk. Related posts are below.
During Spokane Faith & Values February “Coffee Talk” we discussed the issue of Violence and the Sacred. Read more.
I really enjoyed Saturday morning’s Coffee Talk with the panel and the comments of everyone there.
A further thought on God and violence. One of the common responses to the belief that God is not violent, especially among those who are not so religious, is that God must be violent because the whole universe is violent. Read more.
Can religion and violence be separated, even in a theoretical sense? Read more.
I find it interesting that there is even a question of the use of violence in context with the sacred.
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017