Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today! About 35 people attended and $135 for SpokaneFāVS.
- Blaine Stum, who wrote, “Mass Shootings: An American Ritual“
- Jan Shannon, who wrote, “Chris Harper Mercer: Not a Zero“
- Elizabeth Backstrom, who wrote, “Covering the news in a culture of violence“
- Guest panelist Rev. Bill Ellis, who wrote, “Violence and a Country of Denial“
Coffee Talks occur the first Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. at Indaba Coffee, 1425 W. Broadway Ave. All are welcome. For those who are unable to attend, the discussion will be live streamed on Twitter.
The conversation will continue further on Thursday with Pub Talk, at 6:30 p.m. at The Steam Plant.
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017