Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today everyone!
It was a smaller group than usual, with about 20 people in attendance, but it was fruitful conversation and we raised about $100 for SpokaneFAVS.
The discussion was also live streamed on Twitter for the first time (@SpokaneFAVS) and about 15 people tuned in.
See you for our next Coffee Talk on June 6 for a forum on Parenting.
Join Coffee Talk today for a Coffee Talk discussion on Religious Freedom Laws.
Other panelists are FAVS writers Pastor Jan Shannon, who wrote, “RFRA Laws Are Like a Bad Bra“ and Neal Schindler who wrote, “Agreement isn’t in the cards, but empathy should be“ and “RFRAs, false victimhood, and the “ick” factor.”
The discussion begins at 10 a.m. at Indaba Coffee/The Book Parlor, 1425 W Broadway Ave.
The conversation will continue with Pub Talk, 6:30 p.m., May 7.
All are welcome.
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021