Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today everyone!
It was a smaller group than usual, with about 20 people in attendance, but it was fruitful conversation and we raised about $100 for SpokaneFAVS.
The discussion was also live streamed on Twitter for the first time (@SpokaneFAVS) and about 15 people tuned in.
See you for our next Coffee Talk on June 6 for a forum on Parenting.
Join Coffee Talk today for a Coffee Talk discussion on Religious Freedom Laws.
Other panelists are FAVS writers Pastor Jan Shannon, who wrote, “RFRA Laws Are Like a Bad Bra“ and Neal Schindler who wrote, “Agreement isn’t in the cards, but empathy should be“ and “RFRAs, false victimhood, and the “ick” factor.”
The discussion begins at 10 a.m. at Indaba Coffee/The Book Parlor, 1425 W Broadway Ave.
The conversation will continue with Pub Talk, 6:30 p.m., May 7.
All are welcome.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020