Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today everyone!
It was a smaller group than usual, with about 20 people in attendance, but it was fruitful conversation and we raised about $100 for SpokaneFAVS.
The discussion was also live streamed on Twitter for the first time (@SpokaneFAVS) and about 15 people tuned in.
See you for our next Coffee Talk on June 6 for a forum on Parenting.
Join Coffee Talk today for a Coffee Talk discussion on Religious Freedom Laws.
Other panelists are FAVS writers Pastor Jan Shannon, who wrote, “RFRA Laws Are Like a Bad Bra“ and Neal Schindler who wrote, “Agreement isn’t in the cards, but empathy should be“ and “RFRAs, false victimhood, and the “ick” factor.”
The discussion begins at 10 a.m. at Indaba Coffee/The Book Parlor, 1425 W Broadway Ave.
The conversation will continue with Pub Talk, 6:30 p.m., May 7.
All are welcome.
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022