Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today everyone!
It was a smaller group than usual, with about 20 people in attendance, but it was fruitful conversation and we raised about $100 for SpokaneFAVS.
The discussion was also live streamed on Twitter for the first time (@SpokaneFAVS) and about 15 people tuned in.
See you for our next Coffee Talk on June 6 for a forum on Parenting.
Join Coffee Talk today for a Coffee Talk discussion on Religious Freedom Laws.
Other panelists are FAVS writers Pastor Jan Shannon, who wrote, “RFRA Laws Are Like a Bad Bra“ and Neal Schindler who wrote, “Agreement isn’t in the cards, but empathy should be“ and “RFRAs, false victimhood, and the “ick” factor.”
The discussion begins at 10 a.m. at Indaba Coffee/The Book Parlor, 1425 W Broadway Ave.
The conversation will continue with Pub Talk, 6:30 p.m., May 7.
All are welcome.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020