Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today! About 25 people attended, even on a holiday, and $70 was raised for FAVS.
The next Coffee Talk will be on Aug. 1.
The topic was “Faith and Education.”
- Patricia Bruininks, associate professor and department chair of the Psychology Department at Whitworth University
- Kyle Franklin, who wrote “Part of education is learning different perspectives“
- Toni Niemiec, who wrote, “Educators should be as unbiased as possible, respect diversity“
- And guest panelist, Vincent Alfonso, dean of the School of Education at Gonzaga University
On July 9 the discussion will continue with Pub Talk at 6:30 p.m. at The Steam Plant.
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017