Thanks for a great Coffee Talk today! About 25 people attended, even on a holiday, and $70 was raised for FAVS.
The next Coffee Talk will be on Aug. 1.
The topic was “Faith and Education.”
- Patricia Bruininks, associate professor and department chair of the Psychology Department at Whitworth University
- Kyle Franklin, who wrote “Part of education is learning different perspectives“
- Toni Niemiec, who wrote, “Educators should be as unbiased as possible, respect diversity“
- And guest panelist, Vincent Alfonso, dean of the School of Education at Gonzaga University
On July 9 the discussion will continue with Pub Talk at 6:30 p.m. at The Steam Plant.
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017
- Interfaith Day of Prayer to be celebrated this week in Colville - May 1, 2017
- Anti-Semitic graffiti found in downtown Spokane - Apr 28, 2017
- World Vision Humanitarian Response Director to speak in Spokane - Apr 27, 2017
- Sravasti Abbey’s Service Saturday’s Return - Apr 27, 2017
- Second Harvest offers cooking classes for kids this week - Apr 26, 2017
- Award Winning Educator to keynote YWCA Stand Against Racism Event - Apr 19, 2017