In April, At Indaba Coffee, Coffee Talk focused on the desensitization of language. Below are related posts.
In a perfect world, we’d all understand each other. We’d all know exactly the meaning and context of every sentence, and it would always be the same — across cultures, times, languages — fixed on the pursuit of verifiable truth.
Words have power over us.
I don’t know if other languages have the same problems describing the almighty, but English simply does not have enough words.
What words are off limits in my vocabulary and why?
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020