In April, At Indaba Coffee, Coffee Talk focused on the desensitization of language. Below are related posts.
In a perfect world, we’d all understand each other. We’d all know exactly the meaning and context of every sentence, and it would always be the same — across cultures, times, languages — fixed on the pursuit of verifiable truth.
Words have power over us.
I don’t know if other languages have the same problems describing the almighty, but English simply does not have enough words.
What words are off limits in my vocabulary and why?
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017
- Experience Islam at this Month’s Meet the Neighbors - May 8, 2017
- Immaculate Heart celebrates mothers with annual brunch - May 5, 2017
- Interfaith Day of Prayer to be celebrated this week in Colville - May 1, 2017
- Anti-Semitic graffiti found in downtown Spokane - Apr 28, 2017