In May 2014 Coffee Talk was held at Revel 77 where a discussion on jobs and vocations took place. Read related posts below.
“Your job is to find what the world is trying to be.”
When most people think of a ‘call’ they think in terms of a call to formal ministry.
“Vocation” and “calling” are such buzz words among upperclassmen at a private, Christian liberal arts university. As a graduating senior at Whitworth University (commencement’s less than a month away now!), the constant questions my peers and I hear are “What are you doing after graduation?” and “What are you going to do with that [degree]?”
When I think of the path taken, the one that called me to the big desk in a nice church office in the oldest neighborhood of Spokane, I am struck by how many decisions came in the form of “I have to do this now, I have no other choice.”
- Anti-Semitic graffiti found in downtown Spokane - Apr 28, 2017
- World Vision Humanitarian Response Director to speak in Spokane - Apr 27, 2017
- Sravasti Abbey’s Service Saturday’s Return - Apr 27, 2017
- Second Harvest offers cooking classes for kids this week - Apr 26, 2017
- Award Winning Educator to keynote YWCA Stand Against Racism Event - Apr 19, 2017
- The Case for Christ: What’s the evidence for the resurrection? - Apr 7, 2017
- St. John’s Cathedral offers special musical performances for Holy Week - Apr 7, 2017
- PJALS to honor MLK’s Vietnam speech with panel discussion - Apr 3, 2017
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Nature of Truth - Apr 1, 2017
- Today: Meet The Neighbors Celebrates Spokane Hindus - Mar 25, 2017