In May 2014 Coffee Talk was held at Revel 77 where a discussion on jobs and vocations took place. Read related posts below.
“Your job is to find what the world is trying to be.”
When most people think of a ‘call’ they think in terms of a call to formal ministry.
“Vocation” and “calling” are such buzz words among upperclassmen at a private, Christian liberal arts university. As a graduating senior at Whitworth University (commencement’s less than a month away now!), the constant questions my peers and I hear are “What are you doing after graduation?” and “What are you going to do with that [degree]?”
When I think of the path taken, the one that called me to the big desk in a nice church office in the oldest neighborhood of Spokane, I am struck by how many decisions came in the form of “I have to do this now, I have no other choice.”
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - Dec 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - Nov 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - Oct 7, 2017
- Prayer Vigil tonight for Freeman High Shooting Victims - Sep 13, 2017
- Second rally planned today in Spokane in response to Charlottesville violence - Aug 14, 2017
- Money raised for FāVS PA System - Aug 7, 2017
- So everyone can hear Coffee Talks: The FāVS PA Fund - Aug 6, 2017
- Spokane’s Singing Nuns to perform 4th of July Concert - Jun 29, 2017
- Interfaith Pride Service slated for June - May 12, 2017
- SpokaneFāVS Welcomes Assistant Editor - May 10, 2017