By Hannah McCollum
The Newsboys are coming to the INB Performing Arts Center in Spokane on April 9, as part of their Love Riot tour.
The Christian pop band is widely successful, having acquired eight Gold certifications and four Grammy nominations, and has been shaping the sound of Christian music since 1985.
Besides the performance of Newsboys’ hit songs, the tour features the all-new theatrical experience “God’s Not Dead LIVE! Rivals.” According to the announcement on Newsboys.com, “Rivals brings an ensemble cast of singers, actors and dancers together to answer the question ‘Can God really make a difference?’ and take the audience on a journey to an infamous music venue where stars are born, rivals are met and no one leaves the way they came in.” “Rivals” is written and produced by John and Sarah Bolin, known for “The Thorn,” and features original music by songwriter John Otero.
Lead singer Michael Tait says in an announcement, “With this tour, we wanted to try something brand new, something different. There’s something about drama, seeing scenes acted out, lived out, right in front of you, that has a different effect. We are very excited about sharing this new theatrical experience with our fans.”
- 19 lay-people to receive Buddhist names this Sunday - Dec 9, 2017
- All invited to Sharing the Dharma Day and vigil for victims of gun violence, Dec. 10 - Dec 5, 2017
- Whitworth choir to perform Christmas concert in Spokane - Dec 3, 2017
- Mini-retreat on the Spiritual Exercises to be held Dec. 2 at Gonzaga Prep - Nov 28, 2017
- Immaculate Heart Retreat Center hosts day of prayer and retreats for Advent - Nov 19, 2017
- Volunteers needed at Sravasti Abbey - Nov 8, 2017
- MercyMe’s new album, “Lifer” offers something for everyone - Oct 26, 2017
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - Oct 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - Oct 5, 2017
- Free chamber music concert Sunday, Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2017