By Hannah McCollum
The Newsboys are coming to the INB Performing Arts Center in Spokane on April 9, as part of their Love Riot tour.
The Christian pop band is widely successful, having acquired eight Gold certifications and four Grammy nominations, and has been shaping the sound of Christian music since 1985.
Besides the performance of Newsboys’ hit songs, the tour features the all-new theatrical experience “God’s Not Dead LIVE! Rivals.” According to the announcement on Newsboys.com, “Rivals brings an ensemble cast of singers, actors and dancers together to answer the question ‘Can God really make a difference?’ and take the audience on a journey to an infamous music venue where stars are born, rivals are met and no one leaves the way they came in.” “Rivals” is written and produced by John and Sarah Bolin, known for “The Thorn,” and features original music by songwriter John Otero.
Lead singer Michael Tait says in an announcement, “With this tour, we wanted to try something brand new, something different. There’s something about drama, seeing scenes acted out, lived out, right in front of you, that has a different effect. We are very excited about sharing this new theatrical experience with our fans.”
- May 13 workshop: Dismantling the Doctrine of Discovery - May 4, 2017
- Leadership prayer breakfast to be held May 4 - Apr 23, 2017
- Registration open for summer fun at Camp Kroc - Apr 21, 2017
- Sherman Alexie to address Gonzaga’s class of 2017 - Apr 17, 2017
- BRIEF: Japanese Spring Food Festival on April 9 - Mar 30, 2017
- BRIEF: Spokane Ministry Leader Conference Tomorrow - Mar 10, 2017
- Holocaust survivor to speak in Spokane - Feb 25, 2017
- BRIEF: Ash Wednesday Silent Day of Prayer, retreat - Feb 23, 2017
- Whitworth president responds to petition for “sanctuary campus” - Feb 8, 2017
- BRIEF: Girl, Awake! theater on social justice coming to Spokane - Feb 6, 2017