The Cathedral of St. the Evangelist begins its observance of Christianity’s holiest week with the Liturgy of the Palms and Reading of the Passion story at the 10:30am service on Palm Sunday.
Other services that week include a 7p.m service on Maundy Thursday, March 28; services at 7a.m, 12 p.m. and a 7p.m candlelight service on Good Friday, March 29; and the Easter Vigil beginning at 7 p.m. on Easter Eve, March 30.
Festival services will be at 8 a.m and 10:30 a.m on Easter Sunday, March 31 and will include the Cathedral Carillon, brass and tympani from the Spokane Symphony, Cathedral Bell Choir, the Junior and Cathedral Choirs with the Aeolian Skinner Organ.
The public is welcome to attend all services.
The cathedral is located at 127 E. 12th Ave., at Grand Blvd. Free parking is available in the lot behind Lindaman’s Restaurant.
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020