What do you want to Ask an Atheist? Submit your questions online or fill out the form below.
By Jim Downard
What is the silliest question you’ve been asked about atheism (in general or yours in particular)?
Now over on Twitter, where I am @RJDownard, I’ve encountered a sillier branch. In the top (or is it bottom?) of the pile would be things like “Atheists reject God even though they know God to be real.” Sorry, but no. One I’ve heard of (but not actually encountered on Twitter) is the “Don’t you atheists worship Satan?” It may be more of an urban legend trope than a real question.
So overall I’d say most questions are really good ones, and have in my experience here shown no indication of “you’ve got to be kidding” silliness.
- Ask An Atheist: What about our atmosphere, oxygen? - Nov 17, 2017
- Ask An Atheist: How do you explain design throughout the universe? - Nov 10, 2017
- Ask An Atheist: Why don’t you believe in God? - Oct 3, 2017
- Ask An Atheist: Taking belief away from others - Sep 2, 2017
- Ask An Atheist: Argumentative atheists - Aug 31, 2017
- Ask an Atheist: Why do we die? - Aug 23, 2017
- Charlottesville and a Dread Déjà Vu - Aug 17, 2017
- Ask an atheist: How do you feel about atheists offering invocations? - Jun 30, 2017
- Ask an Atheist: Resolving the beginning of the universe - May 23, 2017
- An analysis of Robert Nelson’s “proof” of god - May 18, 2017