What do you want to know about Religious Science? Revs. Joe and Toni Niemiec, New Thought ministers, are ready to answer your questions. Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
By Joe Niemiec
Is Religious Science “New Age”?
Religious Science is a New Thought teaching. In New Thought, the principles and ideas are based on ancient teachings with new or current interpretations. The basic principle is that each of us creates our life experience through our word (thoughts, beliefs, actions) combined with the feeling behind the word. We believe that all form are expressions of the One (God). We believe the One Creative Power is available to all beings, but is greater than the sum total.
My understanding of “New Age” is that through the use of a variety of objects (crystals, rocks, tarot cards, etc.) or healing methods involving the touch of another person, or others who have a “gift” (i.e. psychics, mediums, channelers) the individual is able to use the divine power.
Ernest Holmes, the founder of Religious Science, was clear that although there may be validation for many of these New Age concepts, it is important not to give one’s power away by accepting a “reading” or outcome of a process as a prediction of one’s destiny. Rather, we have the power to change our life by shifting our thinking, beliefs and actions.
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What makes God real? - Oct 1, 2017
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What makes God divine? - Sep 17, 2017
- I felt the earth move under my feet - Jul 6, 2017
- Celebrate A Nation, Celebrate An Idea - Jul 4, 2017
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Religious Science vs. Unity - Apr 11, 2017
- Shadow Self - Dec 15, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Do you believe in Heaven? - Sep 8, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Are you Christian? - Aug 30, 2016
- We must make a choice - Jul 12, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What is a Course in Miracles? - Jul 7, 2016