What do you want to know about Religious Science? Revs. Joe and Toni Niemiec, New Thought ministers, are ready to answer your questions. Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
By Joe Niemiec
Are Religious Scientists Christians?
By most definitions of Christianity today you must accept the Nicene Creed (or some interpretation thereof) and this is not part of Religious Science. Ernest Holmes, the founder of Religious Science, was brought up Christian and refers to the teachings of Jesus throughout his work. Jesus is held as a “way-shower” not “the way.”
Rev. Toni and I do not consider ourselves Christian and rarely quote from the Bible. We do recognize the teachings of Jesus and know him as the greatest teacher of all time. Many Religious Science ministers, however, do read from the Bible every week and consider themselves Christians.
The cement that ties our organization together is the teaching of Ernest Holmes and his literature, and we teach the Bible as metaphorical and not historical/literal.
- I felt the earth move under my feet - Jul 6, 2017
- Celebrate A Nation, Celebrate An Idea - Jul 4, 2017
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Religious Science vs. Unity - Apr 11, 2017
- Shadow Self - Dec 15, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Do you believe in Heaven? - Sep 8, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Are you Christian? - Aug 30, 2016
- We must make a choice - Jul 12, 2016
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What is a Course in Miracles? - Jul 7, 2016
- Orlando Attack: Peace, compassion — not vengeance - Jun 14, 2016
- Ask a Religious Scientist: Is Religious Science “New Age”? - Apr 6, 2016