What do you want to Ask a Muslim? Submit your questions online or fill out the form below.
By Admir Rasic
Is there a translation of the Quran you would recommend for non-Muslims/non-Arabic speakers?
I have recently purchased The Study Quran written by Seyyed Hossein Nasr and so far I think it is a great resource. The introduction is very thoughtful and thorough and the commentary is very enlightening. It is definitely pricier than most Quran translations in English, but it is also a better quality book than many others that I have read. The commentary explains the social and historical events of the Quranic verses, as well as the methodologies used by Muslims to interpret the text.
- Viewpoints: Is it ever OK to lie? - Aug 9, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: What Does Ramadan Look Like for Muslims in Spokane? - Jun 8, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: Is there a translation of the Quran you recommend? - Mar 29, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: What is the Kaaba? - Mar 28, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: Why do you believe in Allah? - Mar 8, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: What was Satan? - Mar 7, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: Do you drink alcohol? - Mar 4, 2016
- Reflections on Bosnia’s Independence Day - Mar 1, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: Do you believe in angels? - Feb 26, 2016
- Ask A Muslim: How do you feel about non-Muslims coming to the mosque? - Feb 23, 2016