By Hannah McCollum
Art@Origin will take place at Origin Church this Saturday, Oct. 7, from noon to 4 p.m. The art fair will feature local artists with works for sale, a live performance by the Spokane Jazz Orchestra and children’s activities. Between 3 and 4 p.m. Spokane’s Poet Laureate, Laura Read, and nationally acclaimed poet Christopher Howell will give a poetry reading.
Origin Church’s website explains, “At Origin we enjoy art … [and] we appreciate the public conversation that may be stirred around the spiritual themes raised.”
All are welcome to Art@Origin and admission is free. Origin Church is located at 5115 S. Freya St, Spokane. Contact Annette Shannon at 509-448-1311 or at email@example.com for more information.
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - Oct 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - Oct 5, 2017
- Free chamber music concert Sunday, Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2017
- Presentation on Kahlil Gibran, author of “The Prophet,” on Sept. 23 - Sep 21, 2017
- 12-week program on societal transformation, to begin Sept. 5 - Sep 1, 2017
- Tongues of Fire: Black Lens hosts Coffee and Conversation Aug. 7 - Aug 2, 2017
- Gonzaga hosts conference: Engaging with Communities for Justice - Jul 20, 2017
- May 13 workshop: Dismantling the Doctrine of Discovery - May 4, 2017
- Leadership prayer breakfast to be held May 4 - Apr 23, 2017
- Registration open for summer fun at Camp Kroc - Apr 21, 2017